Theatre for Young Audiences NI is made up of a number of organisations and individuals from within Northern Ireland. Directors from Young at Art, Replay Theatre Company, and one independent arts professional currently represent TYANI on the ASSITEJ UK board.
TYANI’s objectives are:
- To represent, support and lobby for the local TYA sector.
- A key focus of TYANI’s activities is the delivery of the annual homegrown Showcase which takes place as part of Belfast Children’s Festival. This event profiles the performance work for young audiences being created in NI and provides, funding permitting, a number of emerging TYA professionals with the opportunity to have their early-stage work seen as part of the Showcase’s Works-in-Progress and ‘ScratchWorks’ strands before an audience which includes international delegates.
- TYANI members are active in supporting the wider theatre sector through training, development and employment of local artists and arts professionals.
- To feed into ASSITEJ UK and support Northern Irish TYA on a global stage.
- TYANI currently has three members on the ASSITEJ UK board.
- TYANI members are in regular attendance at children’s arts festivals and conferences across the world.
- TYANI annually welcomes delegates from across the world to the annual international Belfast Children’s Festival