Theatre for Young Audiences Northern Ireland is currently represented by three key organisations – Young at Art, Replay Theatre Company and Cahoots NI. TYANI’s main aims are:
1. To represent, support and lobby for the local TYA sector.
- A key focus of TYANI’s activities is the delivery of the annual TYANI Showcase which takes place each year as part of Belfast Children’s Festival. This event profiles the performance work for young audiences being created in NI and provides a number of emerging TYA professionals with the opportunity to have their early-stage work seen as part of the Showcase’s Works-in-Progress and ‘ScratchWorks’ strands before an audience which includes international delegates.
- TYANI members are active in Northern Ireland’s ArtsMatter campaign, which lobbies Northern Ireland’s government to ‘Stop the Cuts. Find the Money. Fund the Arts’.
2. To feed into Assitej UK and support Northern Irish TYA on a global stage.
- TYANI currently has two members on the Assitej UK board.
- TYANI members are in regular attendance at children’s arts festivals and conferences across the world.
- In 2019 TYANI and TYA Ireland are sending a delegation and presenting at the International Performing Arts for Youth (IPAY) Showcase in Philadelphia in advance of a 2020 All Ireland Showcase.