Strengthening theatre for the young audiences in Wales
Cryfhau theatr ar gyfer cynulleidfaoedd ifanc Cymru
TYA Cymru’s main aims are:
1. To represent, support and lobby for the local TYA sector.
- Focusing on developing a creative network across Wales with its main aim to embrace and promote Wales based individuals, companies, organisations, and venues who have an interest in developing work for young audiences in Wales.
- Focusing on developing initiatives across Wales to develop audiences for TYA.
2. To feed into Assitej UK and support TYA Cymru on a global stage.
- TYA Cymru currently has one member on the Assitej UK Board.
- TYA Cymru members are in regular attendance at children’s arts festivals and conferences across the world.
Becoming a member of TYA Cymru includes several benefits:
- TYA Cymru will be open to all that create, produce and or perform theatre to young people in Wales.
- TYA Cymru will be a platform to share knowledge and experiences, in order to strengthen Theatre for Young People in Wales.
- TYA Cymru networking sessions will be held twice a year online, chaired and hosted by Theatr Iolo and will cover topics that will be on current themes and relevancy to the member’s interest.
- TYA Cymru will provide opportunities for all of its members to share their own recruitment news, key discussion topics and updates via social media posts and newsletters.
- TYA Cymru will promote, and highlight Wales based theatre companies, venues, and performers to the wider community, both locally, UK wide and internationally, by ensuring that it has a voice on the Assitej UK Board.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Theatre for Young Audiences Cymru (TYA Cymru) is currently represented by Theatr Iolo and will be supported by members across Wales.