Call out to TYA/ PYA England members
We would like to invite registration of interest to be part of the TYA/PYA England Steering Group for AssitejUK.
· Are you passionate about theatre & performing arts for young audience?
· Are you willing to share your energy, time and ideas?
· Do you believe that working collaboratively as a sector we are stronger?
If the answer to those questions is YES, we want to hear from you!
The Steering group of England is accountable to:
· The Board of Trustees of Assitej UK
· The membership TYA/PYA England More detail about TYAUK here:
Aims of the steering group
· International engagement for the England TYA/PYA sector
· Professional development for the England TYA/PYA sector
· Advocacy for the England TYA/PYA sector
· A commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Roles in the steering group
· Chair and Vice Chair – The new chair of PYA/TYA is Wendy Harris and vice chair Pilar Santelices
· 6 roles currently available (secretary, treasurer, communications, operations, diversity fundraising )
· we are seeking a broad representation reflecting the diversity of England and in line with Quality of Difference values:
– Investing sufficiently in hearing from all voices and seeing all faces
– Sharing power more effectively
– Facing up to complexity and challenge
– Leading by example
Role of the Steering group
· To agree the name or the steering group TYA or PYA.
· To draw up an action plan for England in line with the above aims.
· To hold 2 steering group meetings per year and one open membership meeting per year.
· To implement a TYA/PYA England communication plan, as resources allow.
· To oversee the day-to-day operation of PYA England.
· To assist and enable the Assitej UK Trustees to fulfil their statutory obligations as a registered Company and Charity.
Responsibilities of Steering Group members
· To attend all the meetings scheduled over a twelve-month period.
· To engage proactively with the steering group, proposing ideas and solutions to the needs of the sector.
· To gather the needs and suggestions of the groups/ communities they represent and present them to the steering group.
· To commit to a minimum of 6 days per year to carry out tasks to deliver the action plan
· To ensure regular and appropriate communication between the Steering group members and the Assitej UK Board of Trustees.
· To abide by the Nolan Committee’s “Seven Principles of Public Life.”
· To commit to Quality of Difference principals, equality and inclusion and engage with the ACE strategy Creativity Case for Diversity.
· To further the aims of Assitej UK at all times and behave in a manner appropriate to the organisation.
To register your interest email: email@example.com
By May 29th 2020 with a short out line of what you feel you can offer to the steering group. We will be in touch with all those who register interest.
The first TYA/PYA virtual meeting will be CONFIRMED AT THE END OF June 2020