ONLINE DELEGATE PASSES AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE FOR £40 EACH
Assitej UK can purchase a bundle of delegate passes which takes 50% off the cost of a normal delegate pass – full cost is $99 US. This offer only stands if 51+ tickets are purchased in one transaction.
To account for admin costs and daily exchange rate fluctuations, each delegate pass will cost £40 and you will be able to purchase your pass/es from the Assitej UK website.
This is therefore a two-step process:
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest with an estimate of how many tickets you may want to purchase. This will give us an indication of how large to make our bundle.
- We will let you know once the tickets are on sale.
More information regarding the Online Festival and Congress can be viewed here: www.assitejonline.org
We will be coordinating some networking events and keeping a tally of all UK delegates so….the more the merrier!
DELEGATE CALL OUT – APPLY NOW
The Egg was successful in securing funding to send its staff and artists to the 2020 scheduled Assitej Congress and Festival. We are now repurposing this funding to enable a delegation of artists, producers and researchers to attend online. We hope that Assitej UK will be fully represented at this world congress and artistic gathering and that we can use this opportunity to develop closer ties between UK and Japanese PYA. This Egg initiative denotes a small part of that UK effort.
We therefore seek freelance artists, producers or researchers to attend the online festival, representing The Egg, the UK, and England/Scotland/Wales or NI between March 21st – April 1st 2021.
You will receive a stipend of £500 plus your delegate pass. You will be asked to:
- Attend as many varied events as possible that are live. These may take place VERY early in the morning but you can also watch pre-recorded events.
- Network with UK and international delegates.
- Network specifically with Japanese delegates and presenters
- Serve a specific function/functions in the delegation. These functions include, non-exhaustively:
- Focus on social media
- Focus on lobbying for Assitej UK to gain a place on the Executive Committee of Assitej International via International Rep Jon Daffyd Kidd
- Focus on Japan and Japanese PYA
- Focus on access and inclusion in all its forms
- Focus on research
- Mentoring student delegates
- Any other focus you chose to propose
In addition all delegates will be asked to:
- Share on social media
- Lobby for the UK to gain its place on the exec committee
- Watch and research Japanese work and events
- Write a report for national/international publication of their experience.
Selection is informed by funding criteria and includes:
- Spread across the four nations
- Range of early, mid and late career
- Range of artist, producer and researcher
- Existing knowledge of the Japanese PYA sector
- Availability and willingness to fulfil the activities outlined above
All events will be managed and coordinated by Tim Bell – freelance Delegate Coordinator and MC!!!!
To apply, please send a letter no more than two sides or a video/audio no longer than 5 minutes long no later than Wednesday 10 March. Please give the shortest introduction to yourself, which of the above criteria you fulfil, tasks you are prepared to carry out and most crucially, why you want to attend 20th Assitej Congress and Mirai festival. You honestly won’t be penalised for submitting LESS THAN requested!! Please send your letter to email@example.com.
All events will be live captioned and one event is BSL interpreted (Jenny Sealy and Mike Kenny: Notes from A Writer and A Director).
If you have any additional access needs pertaining to your attendance please outline these in your application or contact Lindsay for more information.
Supported by The Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation, Assitej UK, The Egg and other special donors.